- Madi and Lucas!
- Madi has picked reading up so quickly, it is blowing my mind. I’m so proud of her.
- Lucas is just plain hilarious. His sense of humour just gets quirkier and his funny little voice and his growing vocabulary just make it even more delightful.
- Giant hugs.
- Fun nights in doing “nothing”.
- Happy birthdays full of sunshine.
- Chocolate day.
- Getting organised.
- Smashing my debts.
- Positive progress in trying situations.
- Plans that will move my life forward.
- Productive days at work.
- Finally getting the shellac off my nails.
- New squishy pillows.
- Extra days at work = extra money.
- Instant photos! Oh goodness I’m love with my Instax!
- Instagram (I’m in an obsessed phase again).
- Rainbow colour schemes.
- Plans for my house.
- Affordable DIY ideas.
- Having some really supportive people in my life. Including, and very especially, le someone.
- Excitement for the Easter bunny to visit tonight and leave a gift and an egg for my little peeps. Despite having extremely short notice, I am pretty damn pleased with the gifts the Easter bunny will be bringing this year!
- Family breakfast tomorrow morning with my parents.
- Just knowing I have so many good things in my life. I am one truly thankful girl.
Getting on Tumblr night after night and seeing a lot of negative shit. Come on, guys. I miss the positivity Tumblr gave me every day.
With that said, here is a list of Very Good Things.
- Madi and Lucas.
- Madi is getting crazy creative. Today she made a rainbow line of Christmas baubles out of plasticine. It looked amazing.
- Lucas has come so far with his language. He’s so cheeky and has a quirky sense of humour.
- Someone cute
- Fun nights in
- Listening to the rain in bed
- Uni is over for the year
- Another fun night coming up in this weekend
- Three weeks until I move!
- I am a homeowner! It’s official, but it doesn’t feel official!
- Shopping for furniture
- Shopping for home wares
- Christmas is not far away!
- Finding the BEST presents for peeps
- Online grocery shopping
- Three weeks until I have a pool that I can float in on ridiculously hot days like the ones we’ve been having
- Less than 2 months until Chili Peppers!
- Summer is officially starting on Saturday! With a crazy 40 degree day!
- My amazing little people
- Beautiful friends
- Loving life
I think I need to do this more than I think I do.
- Madi and Lucas.
- Madi’s behaviour has been so beautiful lately.
- Lucas and his ever growing vocabulary are hilarious. He cracks me up so many times in a day.
- Madi created a secret club and allowed me to join. (The password was ‘noodletoopoo’).
- I had a really proud mama moment yesterday at Madi’s ballet open day. She was such a good listener, even though she was obviously shy about participating in front of all of the parents. And for the whole lesson, Lucas just quietly sat on my lap and watched. They were both so perfect. My children are amazing.
- I’ve worked a lot more than usual this fortnight. It sucked for my brain (dealing with people (adults) who won’t do things they need to do and having to take charge as a casual staff member is quite stressful) and my body (so sore and achy) but it will be good on pay day.
- Just as I realised I lost my iPod nano (which is perfect for running, because it fits in my bra and is nice and light) and was a little panicky on what to do about that, I discovered that Apple have released a new version that I will totally buy.
- So much vodka.
- Looking forward to a Sunday session this weekend.
- 28 degree days? Yes thank you!
- Mum’s lasagne in my freezer (and in my belly).
You know what? That’s all I’ve got this week, and that makes me a little sad because lately I’ve had so much more than this to include. So this list isn’t serving it’s purpose, but I’m keeping it.
- I will be seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers live in January. I am excite.
Because Kimber’s second list in less than a week made me realise I’ve been slack. And my mind is overdue for one of these, this list covers the last month or so.
- Madi and Lucas!
- Lucas’ “TUUUUUCK!” (stuck) (and it’s never just “tuck”)
- Madi’s creativity. I’m so happy to have such a creative child.
- Naughty conversations (and more).
- Days off, sneaking away from reality.
- Fun drunken nights out.
- Keeping busy.
- Standing up for myself.
- My super clean house.
- Rediscovering The Killers’ ‘Hot Fuss’.
- Crepes with nutella, ice cream and strawberries.
- Excuses to buy new dresses, and shoes to go with them!
- Just generally feeling good!
- My first of many Sunday sessions.
This is my first of the year! Terribly slack of me.
- My beautiful girl
- My gorgeous boy
- Projects around the house finally happening.
- Earning extra money.
- Peaceful days at the beach.
- Summer weather finally showing up (although it forgot today).
- Being able to use our backyard again.
- Water, water, water.
- Knowing that a couple of my goals are actually not far off.
- Trip to the GP half booked.
- Making the time to sit and read. I missed it.
- Taking polaroids.
I’m surprised at how much I struggled with this list. Goes to show where my mind had been during the past few weeks, I guess.
Because you’re right- you should have been on it :D (especially because of your wonderful drawing). So, you can have your very own list!
I SHOULD BE ON THIS LIST
I restarted this a zillion times. Truth: I have a LOT on my mind lately. I’m struggling to find balance and I’m struggling to decide if I’m happy or just existing right now. Existing until necessary changes can be made, as they aren’t things that I can change on a whim. Sounds silly, I know, but it’s true. I’m not sad, but I don’t feel my 100% usually-happy self, either.
I promised myself months ago I would do these lists every week, but I slipped so I’m starting again. So… here:
- Madi and Lucas
- Sunshine, despite the cold temps.
- Planning weekends away
- Exercising again
- Dinners with friends
- DIY Projects
- Big nights out
- Quiet, alone time
- Sleeping gigantic baby on my lap
- Green tea
- FINALLY starting yoga classes
- D and Ms that reassure
My internet is still broken and it’s becoming increasingly inconvenient. BUT here is a list of good things, because I haven’t being doing them while I’ve been offline and I think one is due.
- Madi and Lucas <3
- Lucas trying to coo and smiling his big head off
- Homemade hamburgers for dinner tonight
- Ice cream
- Summer has started (however, you wouldn’t know it if you spent the last week in Sydney!)
- My brand new baby nephew, Mason
- My best friend’s brand new baby, Abby
- Everyone is healthy
- Feeling inspired
- New recipes
- Listening to Madi and my dad cooking together
I tried to write out my labour story the other day and got to the part where things got a little crazy and started to cry so I might write it a little later. I didn’t think writing it out would make me all emotional.
James has gone back to work and Madi is now using this situation to work my last nerve most mornings, so the transition has been a little rough, but I feel like I’m getting there. Although, I’m not coping very well with the way my house looks right now (like it vomited up clothes and toys on every surface). Lucas is doing amazingly.
Still catching up when I can. Hope everyone is well!
Because I need to do this right now.
- 8 weeks to go until my due date.
- Just got back from visiting Wolfie.
- It’s a beautiful day outside.
- F1 break is finally over and Webber is on pole for Spa! Should be a very interesting race.
- It’s spring in 3 days!
- Powderfinger concert in 3 weeks.
- Lazy days.
- Coco Pops.
- Drinking water.
- Clean laundry.
- Madi in her pyjamas all day.
- Researching my University application and finding the exact course that I want to do. FINALLY.
- The idea of studying again next year.